Annual Fleet Challenge and New Member Social
The 7th Annual AYC Fund Fleet Challenge is scheduled for Sunday October 8th at 1 PM at the Rylander Pavilion. First, we would like to give a big “THANK YOU” shout out to Scott Young for spearheading this event for the past 6 years! This year John and I were asked to chair the event and we are both looking forward to a great day! In addition to the Fleet Challenge Regatta the day will also include family/group activities on shore (after the sailing) and will conclude with a BBQ dinner sponsored by the AYC Fund.
We will continue the traditional format this year using the FJ’s. Skipper’s and Crew’s should meet at the Pavilion no later than 12:45 PM. The races will be short, inter-collegiate style and we plan to be off the water by 4:00 PM. Each fleet is encouraged to have 2 teams. The minimum contribution amount from each fleet is $200.00. It’s our goal that all 18 FJ’s are on the starting line for each race. The winner of the Fleet Challenge is determined by the Regatta, however your score can be improved by the following:
- Fleet donating the most money (automatic 1st in the first race)
- Fleet with the largest number of donations of $50.00 or more (also an automatic 1st in the first race)
- Purchasing throw outs (price determined by auction before the racing begins)
The AYC Fund has successfully raised between $25,000-$30,000 each year and this is the main fundraising opportunity. With the generous support of the AYC Fleets over the past 6 years the Fund has been able to to enhance AYC’s Sail Training offerings and infrastructure. The money raised through the Fleet Challenge has made a huge impact on AYC by supporting the health and longevity of the club we love.
The Fund has set up several easy ways to make your pledges and donations:
- Charge your donation to your AYC account.
- Pledge forms are located in the AYC office or email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information (Member Name, AYC Member Number, Fleet Name, Donation Amount) and we will take care of it for you!
- Credit Card-Donate to the AYC Fund via the Austin Community Foundation CLICK HERE
- Fill out the information (Donation, Name, Credit Card)
- Select the option to make the donation in Honor or Memory of Someone, make sure you type the Fleet you are making a donation for in the text area.
- **Please do not make the donation anonymous as this is hard to link pledges to payments**
Fleet Captains this is your call to action!!! Please circulate this email with you fleet members and let’s get the bidding started! I will be sending out periodic updates over the next few weeks to keep everyone apprised on how the pledges are adding up.
What a great day it will be!!! First, some competitive FUNdraising, Sailing, Family/Group activities and dinner for all! Thank you in advance for all your support in making the 7th annual Fleet Challenge a huge success!
Claudia and John Bartlett