Fleet Activities Message from the AYC Board
The Austin Yacht Club appreciates its members and we realize that everyone is anxious to resume sailing this season. Due to existing COVID-19 restrictions, we all have to be responsible about resuming events.
As part of AYC’s limited reopening, and in the interest of having AYC members and their families re-engaging in on-the-water activities in a limited and responsible fashion, the AYC Board is lifting the restriction of fleet-organized on-the-water activities. To promote social distancing and avoid large crowd sizes at the AYC docks and grounds at any point in time, it is recommended that the fleet captains coordinate staggered times of launching and docking/retrieving.
To help facilitate coordination, Race Commander John Parker has created a spreadsheet that can be used to help with planning dates/times of arrival and exit of the respective fleets to/from the club. This spreadsheet has been distributed to the Fleet Captains.
Fleet Captains – when scheduling your fleet events, it is recommended that fleets try to stagger their arrival/departure times by an hour or so to keep the congestion down at the club, docks, walkways and the ramps. This is not mandatory; however, this type of cooperation will assist in accommodating members in a socially distanced manner. At the very least, if all fleets use the spreadsheet, it will enable everyone to know which fleets will be at the club and when.
The following details will apply:
- Current situation:
- Limited opening of club has begun
- AYC is not organizing, promoting, nor sponsoring any on-the-water member activities at this time.
- AYC equipment, including RC boats and other RC racing equipment are not to be used by the fleets during this time.
- Fleet-driven activities
- Fleet driven on-the-water-only activities are allowed.
- Scheduling of Fleet Activities – Responsibility of Fleet Captains
- Questions regarding these activities – Direct to your AYC Fleet Captain
- AYC Calendar
- Has been cleared of AYC on-the-water events for June and July
- The AYC Board will continue to review and update the calendar regarding AYC events.
- Looking forward:
- The AYC COVID-19 Advisory Board will continue to meet
- The AYC Board will continue to open the club as possible
- The AYC Board will tighten constraints if necessary
- AYC Member Participation:
- AYC Members and Family are permitted
- Members are responsible for their behavior and should be considerate to other members
- Social Distance
- Wear face coverings when near other members
- Please do not congregate near the walkways where members will be attempting to get down to their boats or back up to the parking lots.
Following the above protocols will ensure that Austin Yacht Club members will remain respective of the current situation in relation to COVID-19. It’s a start and we all ask for your continued cooperation and understanding during this pandemic period.
Stay safe, stay well!
AYC Board of Directors and Staff
As part of AYC’s limited reopening, and in the interest of having AYC members and their families re-engaging in on-the-water activities in a limited fashion, the AYC Board is lifting the restriction of fleet-organized on-the-water activities. As with all other activity at AYC, it is requested that all members observe social distancing measures.
Please review the AYC Covid Advisory Report under the section Health and Safety Recommendations – Members and Their Families for further guidance.
To promote social distancing and avoid large crowd sizes at the AYC docks and grounds at any point in time, it is recommended that the fleet captains coordinate staggered times of launching and docking/retrieving.
The AYC Board will continue to observe the COVID-19 situation within the area and may adjust this policy as needed.
We encourage you to stay safe, this includes practicing safe social distancing and facial coverings.