Trip Orientation Night Wed. Mar. 4th – 36th Americas Cup to New Zealand
We are planning a trip-of-a-lifetime as members of the Austin Yacht Club to see up close and personal, the 36th America’s Cup in Auckland, New Zealand.
We are currently in the mist of putting together an amazing trip specifically for our group to do everything to keep a quality trip within a price point. If we start our savings now, you too can be part of this epic trip.
Here is the general plan:
The trip will be 15 total days leaving on a Saturday and returning on a Sunday.
We’ll travel from Austin to Houston and then fly Air New Zealand non-stop to Auckland arriving on Monday morning.
The final AC race schedule is still not finalized as of yet but we at present, we are planning to travel for the Prada Cup Finals when all the boats are still in the regatta. This will help keep some costs down as well all the teams will still be in the hunt for the Cup.
Based on other travel packages around the world, this trip will include air travel, accommodations, event viewing, ground transportation, a handful of planned dinners, AC related functions and some great additional activities,
For those of you familiar with all-inclusive trips, we’re putting together a Silver level trip with some nice Gold additions. This means will be staying in the heart of the Viaduct Harbor during the racing and the main base of all the AC sailing action.
What’s the plan now being 12 months away?
Save the DATE:
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Trip Orientation Night
At the AYC Clubhouse
- Anticipate 20 AYC Members (more is great)
- *Date: Examples: 2021
- Sat. 13 Feb – Sun 28 Feb
- Sat. 20 Feb – Sun 7 March
- Sat. 27 Feb – Sun 14
*pending final race schedule
- Fly as a group together from Austin to Auckland
- 4 days watching/following AC with at least 2 days on the water.
- An event by special invitation with the American Magic Team.
- A presentation hosted by the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron
- 4 days guided travel to as a group including a sailing day on a famed Super Maxi and other great NZ adventures.
- Then spend 3 days on your own. This is where you can do what you want on their own and take a break from the group.
- Allow a full 2.5 days to travel. It is 7,300 miles (11,700 kilometers) so we’ll be mindful of the journey.
All members are invited to join us on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 to hear all the details of what this trip. We’ll review the accommodations, the adventures, the sailing and more import the costs.
We hoping for 20 members for the trip. (Yes, we can have more!)
There will be a payment schedule to help with our individual planning.
Payments will be broken down: (these dates are not set yet)
- 35% due on 1 July, 2020
- 35% due on 1 Oct, 2020
- 30% final payment due 1 Jan, 2021
There will be more ideas and more details to come.
For any specific
questions, feel free to reach out to